2020 Home for the Holidays
This year, in place of our traditional Home for the Holidays event, we are offering the community a two-part program which includes a virtual community program on Friday, November 27th and the opportunity to create a care package for one of our community members for the holidays. We hope that you enjoy these new opportunities to connect with our community members this year and look forward to resuming our normal Home for the Holidays event in 2021.
Home for the Holidays Virtual Program
All are welcome to participate in this special virtual holiday programming. Cozy up at home with a warm drink and join us online for a little holiday cheer!
Date/Time: Friday, November 27th, 5-6PM.
Holiday Care Package Community Gifting
The purpose of the Community Gifting Program is to support members in our community during what can often be a stressful time of the year around the holidays. Since we are unable to gather physically at the Oasis Youth Center and Rainbow Center this year over food and activities like we have in years past, we hope that the alternative offerings will be able to still help our community members feel connected to each other in a safe and heart-warming way. There will be a limited amount of slots available, so sign up early if you want to participate!
Who Can Participate
Anyone can submit a care package request and/or grant a care package. No other participation is required.
A limited amount of request slots will be available in the beginning. As more care packages are "granted", we will add more slots in the program.
How To Participate
To participate as a holiday care package recipient or GIFT-EE, fill out the "Holiday Care Package Request Form" and we will post your request anonymously on our request board.
To participate as a holiday care package grantor or GIFT-ER, browse through the requests posted on our request board below. If you would like to create a care package around the request listed, fill out the "Form for Interested Gifters" below. Assemble your care-package and drop-off at the Rainbow Center during their open hours and that's it!
A few notes about preparing and assembling care packages:
- Please do not include home-cooked foods. If you are to include food items, please make sure dietary needs are followed and that they are in its original packaging.
- Please do not include used personal items such as clothes, toiletries, etc... All items of this nature should be purchased as new.
- All items included in the packages must withstand room temperature environment for more than 24 hours.
- Please limit the value of your items to $50 to ensure equity amongst the care packages.
- Do not wrap your care packages when they are assembled. Each care package will go through an inspection prior to sending it over to its recipient.
- Not sure what to include in your care package? Use the information provided in the request form to craft a one-of-a-kind care package that will make a community member smile through the holidays. An anonymous hand-written message of warm wishes is always a welcomed addition. If you need additional ideas, please contact us.
- If you are unable to assemble your care package in time, please let us know. We will work with you to see how we can make sure the care package request is filled.
- If you or someone in your household tests positive for COVID-19 or have any associated symptoms, please inform us so arrangements can be discussed.
What a success! Thank you to all who participated in Home for the Holidays this year!
© COPYRIGHT 2019. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.